- Cabinet orders release of report on Zuma home
- Amid political violence, Thai king urges stability
- SAfrica: Cabinet orders release of report on Zuma
- Former U.S. adviser doubts Iran
- Kerry, Netanyahu talk Mideast peace, Iran
- US sends 2 Guantanamo prisoners back to Algeria
- Venezuelan embassy in Kenya linked to drugs
- Nicaragua canal promoter to build Ukraine ports
- US envoy: Afghan president unchanged on troop deal
- European Central Bank keeps rates unchanged
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Dec 05, 06:56 AM
BISMARCK, N.D. - Some people were choosing to stay indoors as an arctic blast swept across the Northern Plains, but the prospect of temperatures not cracking single digits had a different effect on the roustabouts, roughnecks and thousands of others working outside in western North Dakota's oil patch.
"The joke around here is: This kind of weather keeps out the riffraff."
North Dakota historically has conjured up images of a bleak, wind-swept and treeless wasteland.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Dec 04, 11:26 PM
MEXICO CITY - The game between the San Antonio Spurs and Minnesota Timberwolves was postponed Wednesday night because of smoky conditions inside the Mexico City arena.
The arena was evacuated about 45 minutes before the scheduled 9:30 p.m. EST tipoff when a generator malfunction outside the arena sent smoke pouring into the building, according to NBA spokeswoman Sharon Lima.
Mexico City Police said in a statement there was a fire in the generator room on the fourth floor of the modern glass-clad arena that opened in 2012.
Wind: 16 MPH NNW
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|