- Junior hockey notebook: Winterhawks, Everett spar atop WHL
- Santa Fe Indian School beats Hot Springs
- Lady Tops returning game for youngsters [Daily News (Bowling Green, KY)]
- Top-25 showdown pits Wildcats against Bears
- Bobcats welcome Sixers to town
- Warriors Playmaker
- Area Roundup: Shasta College men edge Reedley in Modesto tourney
- Tournament time
- The Columbus Dispatch, Ohio, Bob Hunter column
- High schools | Going to School: Tyler Elgin, Grove City Christian
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated Dec 06, 10:46 AM
DALLAS - As snow and freezing rain blanketed normally sun-swept North Texas, residents accustomed to warmer temperatures appeared to heed warnings on what one hardware store manager called "Ice Friday," staying off nearly impassable roadways and out of a skin-stinging cold.
But by Thursday, Texas was facing the same wintry blast that's hitting much of the U.S., bringing frigid temperatures, ice and snow.
"It's almost like a Black Friday," said store manager James McGilberry, "but I guess we'll call it an Ice Friday."
Sports Story of the Day
Updated Dec 06, 11:46 AM
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The draw ceremony for the World Cup is underway in Brazil, opening with a tribute to Nelson Mandela.
A film shown at the start of the ceremony showed Mandela at the final of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and other images from the life of the anti-apartheid campaigner who died Thursday at 95.
Some 1,300 guests filled a cavernous tent erected for the 90-minute show being broadcast live to some 190 countries from the Brazilian Atlantic resort .
Wind: 17 MPH NNW
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|